It has almost been a year since the very first Digital Sectional product was submitted to the App Store and we are looking forward with great excitement! Version 3.0 of i1000 Flight System is almost complete and will present a wholly new interface that is much more extensible, user friendly and functional.
Now that the company is reaching deeper into numerous areas of aviation and
in an effort to deliver the best possible products, Digital Sectional is very excited to announce a voluntary beta test program and corporate advisory group. We are currently accepting applications for both.
The Advisory Group will help guide the Digital Sectional product catalog. A successful contributor would be willing to review the product plan and offer suggestions, insights and feedback in a timely manner. A monthly email will be sent out with a summary of activities and proposed functionality. Group members would be encouraged to provide critical feedback of the plan and also offer suggestions for advancing the capabilities of the products.
To create the most dynamic group possible, we are looking for a diverse range of qualifications. If you are knowledgeable in any of the following areas
- Mobile Software Engineering: iOS and Android
- Hardware: GPS, ADS-B,
- Pilots: Part 91, 121 and/or 135
- Cartography: Digital Geo-Referencing, Vector Datasets and Projections
- Aviation Industry: Government, Corporate, Standards
- International: Aviation Standards and Charting
please feel free to send us a short description of your background and why you want to be on the Advisory Group to email@example.com.
All members of the group will be required to sign an NDA and certify that they are in no way affiliated with a competing product or service.
Beta Test Program
An ideal member of the beta program will be able to contribute the following:
- Willing to contribute several hours a week to working with Digital Sectional to identify and iron out bugs.
- Willing to flight test pending versions of the app.
- In addition to or in lieu of in-air testing, X-Plane testing would be acceptable
- Provide critical feedback about functionality, accessibility and suggest how current or pending functionality can be best implemented.
- Willing to sign an NDA
All applicants will also need to verify that they do not work for or in any way affiliated (business, personal, etc) with a competing product or organization.
To apply, please send your name, address, type of testing you can provide (in-air or X-Plane), realistic hours per week you’re able to contribute and a short description of why you want to be part of the beta test program to firstname.lastname@example.org.